Welcome to Catawba Rosenwald Education Center!
Small School-Big Mission: Providing Opportunity to Find a Path Forward
Catawba Rosenwald Education Center serves students in grades 7-12 from across Catawba County Schools. As the secondary alternative school for Catawba County Schools, we blend academic instruction with behavior and social emotional learning to guide students on their path forward.
Middle school students receive instruction in all core academic areas, as well as art and P.E. as daily electives. High school students also receive core academic instruction, in-person electives (art, P.E. and business) and credit recovery courses and online electives through Edmentum courseware.
Behavior instruction and social emotional learning are woven into daily practice at Catawba Rosenwald; students learn to take responsibility for their own behavior and choices through our Cobra system and are given the strategies and skills they need to be successful on their chosen path. Our student services team works closely with students and teachers to help students grow and succeed while attending Catawba Rosenwald.
High school juniors and seniors may also participate in the Career and College Promise (CCP) program at Catawba Valley Community College, which allows students to earn tuition free college credits while still enrolled in high school. Programs include welding, automotive, computer technology and many others.
Whether a student attends Catawba Rosenwald for one semester or stays until graduation, they will always find the opportunity for a new path forward.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for students and staff
- Helping our students graduate career- and college-ready
- Focusing on Cooperation, Oral Communication, Being Respectful, Responsibility, Attitude Positive and Safety through the Cobras Behavior System
- Providing workforce development through College and Career Promise Program
- Personalizing our students’ education by getting to know each student’s unique academic, social, and emotional needs
- Providing students with technology as a tool for personalized learning including Chromebooks for each student
"See Something, Say Something" Anonymous Reporting System
This service is designed to help you anonymously and securely report anything that's scaring or endangering you, your friends or your family. You don't need to be afraid to contact us. You never have to give us your name if you don't want to.
We take your security seriously at Catawba County Schools, and we will do everything we can to resolve your concern as quickly and as safely as possible.
- In the event of an Emergency Dial 9-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- The Anonymous Tip Line is monitored Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.